Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray is expected to attend mandatory minicamp, per head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
Murray wasn't present on Monday for the start of the Cardinals' voluntary offseason workouts, but Kingsbury doesn't anticipate a holdout from his starting quarterback when players are required to attend in mid-June. Murray previously publicly stated his dissatisfaction with his current contract situation and ESPN's Adam Schefter reported this week that no progress has been made between the two sides. The Cardinals picked up Murray's fifth-year option in April, which keeps him under contract through the 2023 season.
Kyler averaged 21.1 FanDuel points per game last season. Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, he ranked 11th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back (0.21). He averaged the second-fewest Rushing NEP per carry (0.22) out of the 11 quarterbacks with 50-plus carries.
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- DeAndre Hopkins (knee) will be "full go" for Cardinals' training camp June 8th, 2022
- Kyler Murray returns for Cardinals' voluntary workouts June 1st, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (PED) suspended for six games May 2nd, 2022
- Cardinals acquire Marquise Brown in trade with Ravens April 28th, 2022