D.K. Metcalf skipping Seahawks mandatory minicamp
Seattle Seahawks wide receiver D.K. Metcalf is not present for mandatory minicamp due to contract negotiations.
Metcalf is recovering from foot surgery and the Seahawks have publicly stated that they intend to sign him to an extension, but the receiver's absence is reportedly unexcused and a clear sign that contract negotiations haven't been progressing. The Seahawks cleared $3.3 million in cap space on Wednesday, so they might be working on putting together a more lucrative offer for Metcalf. The 2019 second-round pick turned 24 in December.
Metcalf is currently the WR18 in numberFire's preseason rankings and our models project him for 143.5 targets, 86.6 receptions, 1,111.7 yards, and 6.74 touchdowns.
- Bowles on Chris Godwin's return: Buccaneers 'not getting our hopes up' August 5th, 2022
- Kansas City's Skyy Moore (hip) practicing on Wednesday August 3rd, 2022
- Cowboys' James Washington (foot) to miss at least two months August 1st, 2022
- Bengals' Joe Burrow recovering from appendectomy August 1st, 2022
- Broncos activate receiver K.J. Hamler (ACL, hip) off of PUP list August 1st, 2022
- Deebo Samuel signs $71.55 million extension through 2025 August 1st, 2022
- Seahawks' Chris Carson (neck) retiring from football July 26th, 2022
- Rashaad Penny is 'going to be the starter' for Seattle 'if he stays healthy' July 18th, 2022
- Seahawks' Noah Fant 'excited to get to work' July 11th, 2022
- Rashaad Penny "in the driver's seat" to lead Seahawks backfield June 21st, 2022
- Seahawks' Geno Smith 'still ahead' of Drew Lock for now June 10th, 2022
- D.K. Metcalf skipping Seahawks mandatory minicamp June 8th, 2022