Rams pick up Tavon Austin's option years
The St. Louis Rams have exercised Tavon Austin's fifth-year team option for 2017.
They've done the same with linebacker Alec Ogletree. Austin has never lived up to his billing as the Number 8 overall pick of the 2013 draft, but has steadily come on as a playmaker and is dangerous with the ball in his hands. The option is worth over $12 million, something the Rams might very well decide is too much. Option years are guaranteed for injury only. Austin has been durable despite his pint size (5-foot-8, 176 pounds).
Among the 61 wide receivers with at least 70 targets in 2015, Austin ranked dead last in Reception Net Expected Points per target (0.30) and in Reception Success Rate (65.38 percent).
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Cowboys to hire Mike McCarthy as head coach, per report January 6th, 2020
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott throws for 303 yards, four touchdowns in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Dak Prescott (shoulder) not listed on Cowboys' final Week 17 injury report against Washington December 27th, 2019
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) DNP on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Michael Gallup comes close to century mark in Cowboys' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Dak Prescott throws for 265 yards Sunday in Cowboys' loss December 23rd, 2019