New England's James White (hip) retires after eight seasons
New England Patriots running back James White (hip) announced his retirement on Thursday.
After a serious hip injury, White has decided to end his eight-year career as New England's primary receiving back. Expect Rhamondre Stevenson or Ty Montgomery to see a bump in snaps and playing time as the Patriots' new receiving specialist behind Damien Harris. Per numberFire's season-long projections, Stevenson's 2022 receiving expectations include 35.8 receptions for 261.5 yards and 1.5 touchdowns while Montgomery's projection includes 14.8 receptions for 125.8 yards and 0.9 touchdowns.
In 95 career games, White accounted for 319 rushing attempts for 1278 yards and 11 touchdowns in addition to 381 receptions for 3278 yards and 25 receiving touchdowns.
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) available for Week 14 December 9th, 2022
- DeeJay Dallas (ankle) listed as questionable on Seattle's Week 14 injury report December 9th, 2022
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (ankle) questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2022
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (illness) practicing on Friday December 9th, 2022
- Chiefs' Kadarius Toney (hamstring) questionable for Week 14 December 9th, 2022
- Denver's Courtland Sutton (hamstring) ruled out in Week 14 December 9th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (head) not at Patriots practice Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Damien Harris (thigh) absent from Patriots practice Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) active for Week 13 December 1st, 2022
- Patriots list Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) as questionable for Week 13's matchup versus Bills November 30th, 2022
- Patriots' Damien Harris (thigh) out for Week 13 November 30th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (thigh) absent for Tuesday's practice November 29th, 2022