Seahawks' Geno Smith to see more opportunities moving forward
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Geno Smith could be trusted with more opportunities in the passing game moving forward, according to Pete Carroll.
Asked about Smith and the offense on Monday, Carroll said "After two weeks of watching Geno play, we don’t need to hold him back at all. Geno has got his game ready to go. We need to trust him and maybe give him more opportunities and stuff. We’ve been pretty solidly conservative, counting on running the football." After a surprise victory over the Denver Broncos in Week 1, Seattle stumbled to a 7-24 loss against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 2. Through two weeks they have managed just 24 total points, with Geno a combined 47 of 58 (81%) for 392 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception. The Seahawks face the Falcons in Week 3.
Geno's Week 3 projection includes 225.4 yards, 1.30 touchdowns, 1.04 interceptions, and 15.2 FanDuel points. His salary is $6,300.
- Elijah Mitchell (knee) won't return for 49ers in Week 12 November 27th, 2022
- Jets' Michael Carter (ankle) doubtful to return in Week 12 November 27th, 2022
- Allen Robinson (ankle) ruled out for Rams in Week 12 November 27th, 2022
- Deebo Samuel (hamstring) active for 49ers' Week 12 tilt November 27th, 2022
- Tyler Higbee (knee) active for Rams in Week 12 November 27th, 2022
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) doubtful to return in Week 12 November 27th, 2022
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (knee) available for Week 9 November 4th, 2022
- Seahawks' Noah Fant nursing hamstring injury November 3rd, 2022
- D.K. Metcalf (knee) practicing for Seahawks November 3rd, 2022
- Tyler Lockett (hamstring, ribs) active for Seattle in Week 8 October 30th, 2022
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (knee) officially active in Week 8 October 30th, 2022
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (knee) 'will play' in Week 8 October 30th, 2022