Giants optimistic Daniel Jones (ankle) plays Week 5
New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones (ankle) could play in Week 5 against the Green Bay Packers in London, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Jones exited Sunday's win over the Chicago Bears in the third quarter with an ankle injury, but he returned just two possessions later after Tyrod Taylor suffered a concussion. If Jones and Taylor are both unavailable for Week 5 in London, then the Giants may opt to just go with Saquon Barkley in the wildcat. Jones only attempted 13 passes in Week 4 and he completed eight of them for 71 scoreless, interception-free yards. He also added 68 yards and a pair of scores with his legs.
Jones scored a season-best 21.6 FanDuel points in Week 4 due to his rushing ability, but he finished with negative-0.99 Passing Net Expected Points. Looking ahead to Week 5, the Packers are allowing the sixth-fewest FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season.
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (quad) questionable for Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Raiders list Josh Jacobs (calf) as questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Michael Gallup (illness) questionable for Cowboys' Week 13 contest December 2nd, 2022
- Packers list Romeo Doubs (ankle) as questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Treylon Burks (illness) not listed on Titans' Week 13 injury report December 2nd, 2022
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson (quad) available for Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Daniel Bellinger (eye) questionable for Giants' Week 13 contest December 2nd, 2022
- New York's Richie James (knee) questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Darius Slayton (illness) questionable for Giants' Week 13 matchup versus Washington December 2nd, 2022
- Darius Slayton (illness) sits out Giants practice Thursday December 1st, 2022
- Giants' Richie James (knee) active for Week 12 clash with Cowboys November 24th, 2022
- Giants' Richie James (knee) questionable for Week 12 November 23rd, 2022