Mike Boone now thrust into Broncos' RB2 role after Javonte Williams injury
Denver Broncos running back Mike Boone is now the de-facto RB2 in the locker room.
Javonte Williams' season is over after he tore both his ACL and LCL in the team's 32-23 loss to the Las Vegas Raiders Sunday afternoon. While the situation in Denver could be described as a timeshare, he still served as the lead back. Now, that title will fall to Melvin Gordon, the veteran who is currently in the midst of fumbling woes. It's unclear how the workload between him and Boone will split, or if currently-on-the-practice-squad Devine Ozigbo will get work, or if the Broncos will look to add someone else to the running backs room. But for now, Boone's fantasy outlook is extremely interesting.
Our mdoels currently project Boone for 39.45 rushing yards, 0.25 touchdowns, 1.92 catches, 14.43 yards, 0.09 scores and 7.39 FanDuel points in Week 5 against Indianapolis on Thursday Night Football.
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo breaks foot in Week 13, out for season December 4th, 2022
- Michael Gallup (illness) will play Sunday in Week 13 for Dallas December 4th, 2022
- Kenneth Walker (ankle) will not return Sunday for Seahawks in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Jaylen Waddle (leg) questionable to return for Miami in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Seahawks' Ken Walker (ankle) questionable to return in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Hayden Hurst (calf) will not return for Bengals in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Courtland Sutton (hamstring) questionable to return for Broncos in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Courtland Sutton (illness) will play in Broncos' Week 13 contest December 4th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) cleared to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (illness) expected to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Denver's Jerry Jeudy (ankle) trending towards playing in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Broncos activate Mike Boone (ankle) to 53-man roster, eligible to play in Week 13 December 3rd, 2022