Jonnu Smith (ankle) week-to-week for Patriots
New England Patriots tight end Jonnu Smith was diagnosed with a low-ankle sprain and is considered week-to-week, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The positive news is that Smith avoided a high-ankle sprain, but the injury will still cost the tight end at least one game. Hunter Henry should see more snaps and targets in Week 5 against the Detroit Lions. Smith's absence will also likely result in more playing time for Lil'Jordan Humphrey. However, that might not mean much, as Smith has only drawn 11 targets in four games this season.
Smith is averaging 3.1 FanDuel points per contest, with an 11.3% targets share on a 55.8% offensive snap rate. numberFire's models currently project Henry for 2.1 catches on 3.1 targets in Week 5 and he is the TE28 in our weekly rankings.
- Update: Jalen Hurts (head) back in for Eagles in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Jalen Hurts being evaluated for concussion for Eagles in Week 13; Marcus Mariota in at quarterback December 3rd, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (concussion) questionable to return for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Jayden Reed (chest) active for Packers in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Puka Nacua (ribs) back in for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Amari Cooper (concussion) won't return in Week 13 for Cleveland December 3rd, 2023
- Desmond Ridder confirmed as Falcons Week 12 starter November 21st, 2023
- Taylor Heinicke (hamstring) benched, likely out this week for Falcons November 21st, 2023
- Rapoport: Falcons to start Desmond Ridder going forward after Week 11 bye November 19th, 2023
- Falcons considering another quarterback switch after Week 11 bye November 13th, 2023
- Taylor Heinicke (hamstring) expected to be fine for Falcons November 13th, 2023
- Update: Taylor Heinicke (hamstring) won't return in Week 10 for Atlanta; Desmond Ridder in November 12th, 2023