Jonnu Smith (ankle) week-to-week for Patriots
New England Patriots tight end Jonnu Smith was diagnosed with a low-ankle sprain and is considered week-to-week, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The positive news is that Smith avoided a high-ankle sprain, but the injury will still cost the tight end at least one game. Hunter Henry should see more snaps and targets in Week 5 against the Detroit Lions. Smith's absence will also likely result in more playing time for Lil'Jordan Humphrey. However, that might not mean much, as Smith has only drawn 11 targets in four games this season.
Smith is averaging 3.1 FanDuel points per contest, with an 11.3% targets share on a 55.8% offensive snap rate. numberFire's models currently project Henry for 2.1 catches on 3.1 targets in Week 5 and he is the TE28 in our weekly rankings.
- Schefter: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) reportedly does not need surgery, could return in 7-8 weeks December 6th, 2022
- Rams claim quarterback Baker Mayfield off waivers on Tuesday December 6th, 2022
- Schefter: Baltimore's Lamar Jackson (knee) diagnosed with sprained PCL December 6th, 2022
- Saints rule out Marshon Lattimore (abdomen) for Week 13 game December 5th, 2022
- Bucs rule out Cameron Brate (illness) for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Bucs' Leonard Fournette (hip) active for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) active for Week 13 December 1st, 2022
- Patriots list Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) as questionable for Week 13's matchup versus Bills November 30th, 2022
- Patriots' Damien Harris (thigh) out for Week 13 November 30th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (thigh) absent for Tuesday's practice November 29th, 2022
- Update: Patriots' Damien Harris (thigh) now week-to-week, unlikely to play in Week 13 November 28th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) limited on Patriots' estimated Monday injury report November 28th, 2022