Jets believe Breece Hall suffered ACL injury
New York Jets running back Breece Hall likely suffered an ACL injury in Sunday's Week 7 win over the Denver Broncos, per head coach Robert Saleh.
Hall exited after a run in the second quarter, but he at least managed to pop off for a 62-yard touchdown before that. With Hall's exciting rookie season unfortunately coming to an abrupt end, Michael Carter will take over as the lead back on an offense that is running the ball at the third-highest rate in the league over the last three weeks. Ty Johnson will mix in for some change-of-pace work, but Carter will handle the bulk of the backfield action moving forward.
Carter played 43-of-59 offensive snaps (73%) in Week 7 and handled 13-of-14 running back carries that didn't go to Hall. He also out-targeted Johnson 2-1. However, among the backs with double-digit carries this week, Carter averaged the second-fewest Rushing Net Expected Points per carry (negative-0.29).
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- C.J. Uzomah (hamstring) questionable for Jets' Week 18 contest versus Miami January 6th, 2023
- Jet starting Joe Flacco at quarterback in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Mike White (ribs) ruled out for Jets' Week 18 matchup against Dolphins January 6th, 2023
- Jets promote quarterback Chris Streveler to active roster, eligible to play in Week 17 December 31st, 2022
- Mike White (ribs) to start at quarterback for Jets in Week 17; Zach Wilson returns to reserves December 26th, 2022
- Zonovan Knight (ankle) will play for Jets Thursday night December 22nd, 2022