Steelers sending Chase Claypool to Bears for 2nd-round pick
The Pittsburgh Steelers are trading wide receiver Chase Claypool to the Chicago Bears in exchange for a second-round pick.
Claypool should immediately compete for the Bears' No. 2 receiver job behind Darnell Mooney, meaning fewer targets for the likes of Cole Kmet, Dante Pettis, Equanimeous St. Brown, N'Keal Harry, and Velus Jones. The acquisition should also be a boost for Justin Fields and the offense as a whole. Claypool's departure from the Steelers leaves rookie George Pickens as the clear starter opposite Diontae Johnson. There will also be more targets available for Pat Freiermuth.
Claypool had the third-highest target share (17.5%) on the Steelers this season, right behind Freiermuth (18.6%) and just ahead of Pickens (15.1%). In Chicago, Mooney is the only player on the team with a target share above 15.5%. Nobody else is averaging more than 3.3 targets per contest.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (abdominal) 'in good place' after week off January 26th, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not practicing for 49ers, will play January 26th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) logs full practice for Chiefs January 25th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) expected to do 'everything' at Chiefs practice Wednesday January 25th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (fibula/ankle) to recover 'well before' training camp January 24th, 2023
- San Francisco's Christian McCaffrey dealing with calf issue January 23rd, 2023
- Bears starting Nathan Peterman to finish season January 4th, 2023
- Justin Fields (hip) ruled out for Bears Week 18 versus Vikings January 4th, 2023
- Chase Claypool (knee) cleared for Bears in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Bears expect wideout Chase Claypool (knee) to play in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Chicago's Chase Claypool (knee) questionable in Week 17 December 30th, 2022
- Chase Claypool (knee) ruled out Week 16 for Chicago December 24th, 2022