Texans' Rex Burkhead placed in concussion protocol
Houston Texans running back Rex Burkhead has entered the league's concussion protocol following the team's Week 12 loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Burkhead suffered a head injury in Sunday's blowout loss to the Dolphins and has been placed in the league's concussion protocol. If the veteran misses any games, it could open up possible playing time for Eno Benjamin behind rookie Dameon Pierce.
Burkhead started the season off as the Texans' lead back, but has since moved into more of an exclusive pass-catching role after the emergence of Pierce in their backfield. Burkhead has more catches (28) than rushes (24) this season and has produced 247 yards and 1 touchdown from scrimmage.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Texans' Chris Moore (foot) active Saturday December 24th, 2022
- Houston's Brandin Cooks (calf) available in Week 16 December 24th, 2022
- Texans place Nico Collins (foot) on injured reserve, out for remainder of 2022 season December 23rd, 2022
- Texans' Chris Moore (foot) questionable for Saturday December 22nd, 2022
- Nico Collins (foot) ruled out again for Texans December 22nd, 2022
- Brandin Cooks (calf) set to play for Texans Week 16 December 22nd, 2022