Rafael Bush has the edge on Lions' starting safety job
Detroit Lions safety Rafael Bush is believed to have a "leg up" in the competition at strong safety.
Glover Quin is locked in as the playmaker at free safety. After losing Isa Adbul-Quddus to the Miami Dolphins, the Lions signed Bush and Tavon Wilson before drafting Miles Killebrew in the fourth round. Bush played just 21 snaps last season before tearing his pec. In 2014, he started seven games for the Saints.
The Lions' defense had a huge production downturn in 2015, ranking 26th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play, 25th in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play and 22nd in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Chargers' Joey Bosa (foot/ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) expected to play for Cardinals September 23rd, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (ankle) registers DNP for Raiders again September 23rd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (knee) remains sidelined on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Bills' Zack Moss officially active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Zack Moss praised by Bills for practice performance September 17th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Bills' Emmanuel Sanders (foot) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021