Oakland's Mario Edwards (neck) taking part in OTAs
Oakland Raiders outside linebacker/defensive end Mario Edwards (neck) is participating in OTAs.
Edwards tweeted earlier this month that he had been fully cleared, and this confirms it. It's the best possible news after a late-2015 injury left his career in doubt. The issue revealed a genetic condition the 2015 second-rounder didn't know he was dealing with. Edwards had a strong rookie season and could be a big part of the Raiders' on-the-rise front seven if he stays healthy.
In 14 games in 2015, Edwards totaled 41 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Oakland finished 22nd in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021