Pelissero: Buccaneers reportedly plan to release running back Leonard Fournette
According to Tom Pelissero, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers reportedly plan to release running back Leonard Fournette on March 15th.
Despite signing a three-year contract last offseason, Fournette will become a free agent when the new league year starts next month. Expect Rachaad White to take over Tampa Bay's backfield while Fournette searches for starting role with other teams.
On 262 touches last season, Fournette ranked 47th among runnings back with a 68.0 Pro Football Focus offensive rating while also accounting for 1,192 scrimmage yards, six total touchdowns, 15 forced missed tackles, and 2.31 yards after contact per attempt.
- Chargers' Donald Parham diagnosed with wrist sprain October 3rd, 2023
- Jahan Dotson (ankle) listed as limited in Commanders' Tuesday injury report October 3rd, 2023
- Luke Musgrave (concussion) active at Packers practice October 3rd, 2023
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (quad) limited on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett (knee) scheduled to practice Wednesday October 3rd, 2023
- Pat Freiermuth (hamstring) 'very doubtful' for Steelers October 3rd, 2023
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans dealing with minor hamstring injury October 2nd, 2023
- Mike Evans (hamstring) won't return in Week 4 for Tampa Bay October 1st, 2023
- Tampa Bay's Mike Evans (hamstring) questionable to return in Week 4 October 1st, 2023
- Mike Evans goes for 171 yards for Tampa Bay in Week 2 September 17th, 2023
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans (groin) officially cleared for Week 1 September 6th, 2023
- Sean Tucker second on Buccaneers depth chart September 5th, 2023