Irv Smith Jr. agreeing on deal with Bengals
The Cincinnati Bengals and tight end Irv Smith Jr. agreed to a one-year contract.
Smith was limited to eight games with the Minnesota Vikings last season because of an ankle injury. He has a clear path to the starting job in Cincinnati after Hayden Hurst departed for the Carolina Panthers. Smith's primary competition at tight end currently includes Devin Asiasi, Tanner Hudson, and Nick Bowers.
Smith averaged 5.5 FanDuel points per game last season, with 25 catches on 36 targets for 182 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Irv Smith Jr. agreeing on deal with Bengals March 28th, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) cleared for Bengals in first round January 13th, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) turns in full practice for Bengals January 12th, 2023
- Tee Higgins out at Bengals practice due to illness January 11th, 2023
- Tee Higgins absent from Bengals practice Wednesday January 11th, 2023
- Tyler Boyd returns to game for Bengals in Week 18 January 8th, 2023