49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy (elbow) is reportedly on track to begin throwing a football in early June, The Athletic's Matt Barrows reports.
Things appeared bleak shortly after Purdy suffered an elbow injury during the 49ers' devastating NFC Championship game loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, but it seems like the breakout quarterback avoided any worst case scenarios. He is now reportedly on track to begin throwing as early as next week after undergoing surgery after the playoffs and is expected to be ready to start for Week 1.
The 49ers seem intent on having Purdy lead their team come Week 1, and his shocking performance as a rookie provided a pretty good case as to why. He finished the regular season with 1,374 passing yards and 13 touchdowns to 4 interceptions, and rose to the challenge during the playoffs until his injury. Unless we hear otherwise during the summer, Purdy seems to have locked up a starting gig.
- Bryce Young (ankle) sidelined again for Panthers Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- New England's DeVante Parker (knee) limited in Wednesday's practice September 20th, 2023
- Dolphins list Tyreek Hill (ankle) as limited on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Raiders' Davante Adams logs full practice on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Cam Akers joins Viking in trade from Rams September 20th, 2023
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (shoulder) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2023
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (shoulder) limited on Tuesday, could be game-time decision for Week 3 September 19th, 2023
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (shoulder) a DNP at Monday walkthrough September 18th, 2023
- Brandon Aiyuk finds endzone twice for San Francisco in Week 1 September 10th, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey goes for 152 on ground in 49ers' Week 1 victory September 10th, 2023
- George Kittle (groin) cleared for 49ers in Week 1 September 10th, 2023