Eagles' Rashaad Penny competing for roster spot
Philadelphia Eagles reporter Bo Wulf of The Athletic notes that running back Rashaad Penny is one of "three players competing for one or two spots".
Wulf noted that fellow Eagles D'Andre Swift and Kenneth Gainwell were "locks" to make the opening day roster as long as they stay healthy, while Penny will be competing with Boston Scott, Trey Sermon, and Kennedy Brooks for the final one or two spots remaining on the team's running back depth chart. Wulf added that Penny's small contract means there are "no guarantees" of a locked-in spot on the roster.
If Penny can play the way he opened the 2022 season he should have no problem winning a spot on the team's Week 1 roster, but we'll have to see how things shake out this offseason. The oft-injured back handled 57 carries for 346 yards and 2 scores before breaking his leg in Week 5 last season, but his 6.1 yards per carry would have led all running backs in the league.
- Jets see quarterback Zach Wilson 'taking the right steps' September 21st, 2023
- Bills' Latavius Murray on goal line usage: 'That's why I'm here' September 21st, 2023
- Giants' Saquon Barkley dealing with high ankle sprain September 21st, 2023
- Graziano: Bears' Roschon Johnson could see role grow after strong Week 2 September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP again on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Titans' Derrick Henry (toe, rest) DNP on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Eagles' DeVonta Smith (hamstring, thigh) limited on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Eagles' Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) limited on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Eagles' Quez Watkins (hamstring) out for rest of Week 2 game September 14th, 2023
- Eagles' Rashaad Penny officially active for Week 2 clash with Vikings September 14th, 2023
- Philadelphia's Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) ruled out for Week 2's Thursday contest against Vikings September 13th, 2023
- Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) likely out Thursday for Eagles September 13th, 2023