Diontae Johnson (hamstring) likely out 'a few weeks' for Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Diontae Johnson is expected to be sidelined "a few weeks" with a hamstring injury he suffered in Week 1 against the San Francisco 49ers, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that Johnson is "probably unavailable" for Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns on Monday night. The Steelers have an early bye in Week 6, but hopefully Johnson will be able to return before then. George Pickens will take over as the clear top target for Kenny Pickett in the meantime, but Allen Robinson and tight end Pat Freiermuth (chest) also stand to benefit.
Pickens ran 48 routes while Robinson ran 46 in Week 1 and they each played 56 offensive snaps (88.9%). They both finished second in receptions (5) behind Calvin Austin (6), but Robinson actually out-targeted Pickens 8-6 and out-gained him 64-36. The Browns allowed just 7 catches for 49 yards on 20 targets to wide receivers in Week 1 and they have the second-best ranked adjusted pass defense in the NFL, according to numberFire’s metrics.
- Rapoport: Vikings will activate Justin Jefferson (hamstring) off injured reserve on Tuesday, expected to play in Week 14 November 28th, 2023
- Rapoport: Jonathan Taylor suffers thumb injury in Colts' Week 12 win, 'status in doubt going forward' November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited Monday for Cowboys November 27th, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Browns' Dorian Thompson-Robinson in concussion protocol following Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- X-rays negative for Browns' Amari Cooper (ribs) after Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett expected to target George Pickens more often from Week 12 onward November 26th, 2023
- Pittsburgh's George Pickens (shin) available in Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- George Pickens (shin) upgraded to limited participant for Steelers' Thursday practice November 23rd, 2023
- Steelers' George Pickens (shin) DNP on Wednesday November 22nd, 2023
- Tomlin: Kenny Pickett will remain Pittsburgh's starting quarterback November 21st, 2023
- Pittsburgh's Pat Freiermuth (hamstring) active in Week 11 November 19th, 2023