David Montgomery (thigh) DNP again Thursday for Lions
Detroit Lions running back David Montgomery (thigh) is not practicing again on Thursday.
The Lions labeled Montgomery day-to-day, but that usually means week-to-week in the NFL. Jahmyr Gibbs and Craig Reynolds are expected to share backfield work in Week 3 versus the Atlanta Falcons if Montgomery is ruled out. The Lions have expressed their desire to limit Gibbs' workload early in his rookie season, so Reynolds could be leaned on more for early-down and short-yardage work. Zonovan Knight was promoted to the active roster earlier this week for additional depth.
Montgomery rushed 16 times for 67 yards and a touchdown in Week 2, and he caught a pass for 7 yards, totaling 11.9 FanDuel points on 30 snaps (45%). After Montgomery exited in the third quarter, Gibbs and Reynolds each had 3 carries, but Gibbs out-targeted Reynolds 5-1. The Falcons have the sixth-best adjusted rushing defense in the NFL through two weeks, according to numberFire's metrics.
- Jags' Travis Etienne (ribs) expected to play in Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Samaje Perine (knee) expected to play in Broncos' Week 14 tilt December 10th, 2023
- Jets' Breece Hall (ankle) expected to play in Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Jaguars' Trevor Lawrence (ankle) a game-time decision for Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Wilson: Houston's Noah Brown (knee) expected to play in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Giants list Daniel Bellinger (illness) as questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (foot) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (foot) logs full practice on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- David Montgomery (foot) limited Wednesday for Lions November 29th, 2023
- David Montgomery (ribs) available for Lions in Week 10 November 10th, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (ribs) "on track" for Week 10 clash with Chargers November 9th, 2023
- Detroit's David Montgomery (ribs) full participant in Wednesday's practice November 8th, 2023