Panthers' Bryce Young (ankle) up in the air for Week 4
Carolina Panthers head coach Frank Reich had no update on the status of starting quarterback Bryce Young (ankle) ahead of the team's Week 4 game against the Minnesota Vikings.
The Panthers still have a full week to get Young's health back into a good spot before they take on the Vikings next Sunday and can at least take some comfort from having seen veteran backup Andy Dalton operate the offense with success in Week 3. Young has struggled in his first two career starts but the first overall pick of the 2023 NFL Draft could benefit from a Week 4 matchup against one of the league's softest defenses.
The Panthers lost their Week 3 battle against the Seahawks, but not without putting up the first real fight of their season. Dalton threw for 361 yards and 2 touchdowns against Seattle, more yards and as many touchdowns as Young has thrown for in his 2 starts this season. For context, Young played against tougher defenses than did Dalton, but it's still worth pointing out that Young's absence has only seemed to elevate his teammates' fantasy stocks so far. Hopefully the time off will have helped Young adjust to the speed of the NFL.
- Wilson: Houston's Noah Brown (knee) expected to play in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Jacksonville's Travis Etienne (ribs) questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) ruled out in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Taylor: Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (hamstring) will play in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Pederson: Travis Etienne (ribs) will be active for Jaguars' Week 13 matchup December 2nd, 2023
- Treylon Burks (concussion) questionable in Week 13 for Titans December 1st, 2023
- Carolina's Hayden Hurst (concussion) remains out in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Tommy Tremble (hip) doubtful for Panthers in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Carolina's Hayden Hurst (concussion) remains out in Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- Panthers rule out Hayden Hurst (concussion) in Week 11 November 17th, 2023
- D.J. Chark (elbow) not listed on Carolina's Week 11 injury report November 17th, 2023
- D.J. Chark (elbow) fully practices with Panthers on Wednesday November 15th, 2023