Ian Williams placed on 49ers' reserve/NFI list
The San Francisco 49ers placed nose tackle Ian Williams (ankle) on the reserve/NFI list.
Williams is out for the year after multiple offseason surgeries. His loss is a downgrade to an already thin interior line, and unproven fourth-year player Mike Purcell is the team's primary nose tackle now. Williams will likely have to settle for a one year, prove-it deal in 2017 free agency.
Prior to the injury, our algorithms projected Williams for 70.12 tackles and 1.75 sacks. Purcell will likely take on that projection going forward, though there may be more of a rotation in Williams' absence.
- Houston's Will Fuller (groin) undergoes sports hernia surgery January 26th, 2020
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- George Kittle practicing in full Thursday for San Francisco January 16th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (ankle) DNP on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford expected to play 15-20 snaps Saturday January 11th, 2020
- San Francisco's Kwon Alexander (pectoral) activated off Injured Reserve on Friday January 10th, 2020