49ers' Carlos Hyde (knee) suffers torn MCL in Week 16
San Francisco 49ers running back Carlos Hyde suffered a torn MCL Saturday against the Los Angeles Rams and is done for the season, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
The 49ers seemed optimistic after the game, but it was always likely Hyde was done for the year. It is a disappointing end to a season in which Hyde was the only consistently effective weapon in San Francisco's offense. He still managed career-highs in rushing yards, receiving yards, and touchdowns, and this injury is unlikely to affect his availability for the offseason program. With Hyde out, Shaun Draughn and DuJuan Harris will be in a committee in the season finale.
On 13 rushing attempts in Week 16, Hyde earned -2.48 Net Expected Points (NEP) per numberFire Live. Draughn picked up -3.00 NEP on 10 attempts.
- Rapoport: Ravens release defensive back Tony Jefferson on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Paul Richardson reportedly cut by Redskins after two seasons February 14th, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release cornerback Josh Norman on Friday February 14th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reinstated by NFL February 12th, 2020
- Philip Rivers will not return to Chargers in 2020 February 10th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes wins Super Bowl LIV MVP in Chiefs' comeback over 49ers February 3rd, 2020
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Houston's Will Fuller (groin) undergoes sports hernia surgery January 26th, 2020
- Deshaun Watson throws for 388 yards Sunday in Texans' loss January 13th, 2020
- Houston's Jordan Akins (hamstring) out for Sunday's playoff game against Kansas City January 12th, 2020
- Texans' Will Fuller (groin) active for Divisional Round game on Sunday January 12th, 2020
- Texans' Darren Fells (hip) to reportedly play in Divisional Round January 12th, 2020