Trumaine Johnson staying put with Rams for time being
The Los Angeles Rams are unlikely to trade cornerback Trumaine Johnson, ESPN's Alden Gonzalez suggests.
Johnson's name was thrown around as a trade candidate early in free agency, but there has not been even a murmur since. With Richard Sherman now available, Gonzalez does not believe teams will be interested in trading for Johnson, who is set to cost $16.74 million this year. At the Combine, general manager Les Snead said he wants to see how Johnson fits before making any big decisions.
The Rams were 18th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon (concussion) 'trending in good direction' September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021