Panthers' Kyle Love to start at defensive tackle in Week 1
Carolina Panthers' defensive tackle Kyle Love will start in place of Star Lotulelei in Week 1.
Head coach Ron Rivera made it all but certain that Lotulelei would sit for the team's first tilt of the year, so that opens the door for 28-year old journeyman Love to appear in his first regular season game since 2013. This will be a massive downgrade for this defensive unit, as Love has just 69 tackles and 5.5 sacks since 2010, and hasn't played in more than two games in a season since 2012.
The Carolina Panthers ranked third in scheduled-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points in 2013, and Lotulelei's diminished presence -- and occasional absence -- in 2014 lowered that rank to tenth in the league. If Lotulelei's disruptive ability is out of their rotation for an extended period of time, the Panthers' once-formidable pass rush may be watered down heavily.
- Dak Prescott 'definitely' Cowboys' franchise QB February 26th, 2020
- Philip Rivers reportedly going to sign with Colts February 26th, 2020
- David Montgomery seen as Bears' feature back February 25th, 2020
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) 'about 2.5-3 months' from total clearance February 23rd, 2020
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Cam Newton (foot) reportedly staying under center for Carolina February 26th, 2020
- Carolina's Luke Kuechly retires after 8 seasons January 14th, 2020
- Christian McCaffrey rushes for 1 touchdown, completes his bid for historic 1,000/1,000 season in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' Will Grier (foot) doubtful to return against Saints in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' DJ Moore (concussion) ruled out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Carolina's D.J. Moore (concussion) DNP on Thursday December 26th, 2019