Yankees' Carlos Rodon (elbow) to begin season on IL
New York Yankees starting pitcher Carlos Rodon (elbow) will begin the season on the injured list.
Rodon, the Yankees' biggest offseason acquisition, suffered an elbow strain at the beginning of spring training and is now set to begin the season on the injured list. The star pitcher has been able to avoid any setbacks so far while progressing through his recovery process, and is expected to rejoin the team by the end of April.
Rodon pitched a career-high 178 innings in 2022 with the Giants, finishing the year with the third-most strikeouts 237) while throwing just 52 walks in the process. He ranks ninth in numberFire's yearly fantasy projections for starting pitchers. His absence should open up starts for Domingo German and Clarke Schmidt in the rotation.
- Colorado's Alan Trejo operating second base on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Harold Castro left on Colorado's bench on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Austin Wynns catching for Rockies on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Rockies rest Kris Bryant on Wednesday night May 31st, 2023
- Taylor Trammell taking over designated hitting duties for Seattle on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Kolten Wong operating second base for Mariners on Wednesday May 31st, 2023
- Yankees starting Kyle Higashioka at catcher on Wednesday night May 31st, 2023
- Jose Trevino (hamstring) starting behind the plate for Yankees on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Greg Allen in center field for New York on Tuesday night May 30th, 2023
- Yankees starting Anthony Volpe at shortstop on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Yankees place Harrison Bader (hamstring) on 10-day injured list on Tuesday May 30th, 2023
- Anthony Rizzo (neck) not in Yankees' Monday lineup May 29th, 2023