Lions' Brandon Powell pegged as 'heir apparent' to Golden Tate
Detroit Lions wide receiver Brandon Powell has been "pegged as the heir apparent" to Golden Tate as the team's slot receivers, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports.
Powell is an undrafted free agent rookie out of Florida. He has yet to be targeted this season, as his only touches came on Sunday as a punt returner.
Tate had 22 more targets than the next highest Lions' receiver, so there are certainly opportunities available.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Bills' Zack Moss officially active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Zack Moss praised by Bills for practice performance September 17th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021