Browns officially sign Donovan Peoples-Jones
The Cleveland Browns signed sixth-round rookie wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones to a four-year contract.
Peoples-Jones was targeted at least 52 times in three straight seasons at Michigan. He recorded an impressive 75.8 percent catch rate in 2018, but that dipped to 63.0% last season. The Browns' third receiver job seems to be wide open, so Peoples-Jones could have an outside shot at an early-season role.
Peoples-Jones finished second in receiving yards (612) while leading the team in receptions (47) and receiving touchdowns (8) in 2018, before falling to third on the team in receptions (34), receiving yards (438), and second in touchdowns (6) in 2019.
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Browns will wait on offensive play-caller decision June 27th, 2020
- Browns say Jarvis Landry (hip surgery) 'looking great' June 26th, 2020
- Odell Beckham (abdominal surgery) '100 percent' for Browns June 26th, 2020
- Kareem Hunt keen on staying in Cleveland June 22nd, 2020
- Browns believe Rashard Higgins can contribute June 19th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) improving in recovery June 18th, 2020