Schefter: Jadeveon Clowney hesitant to join Browns despite "richest offer on the table"
Free agent linebacker Jadeveon Clowney has balked at going to the Cleveland Browns despite the fact that they have offered the most money, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Schefter said that he thinks Clowney is hesitant to go "because if he wasn't he would have gone already because it's the most money. It's the richest offer on the table and he hasn't taken it". Clowney remains one of the best, if not the best, defensive free agent, but has seen his market fall short of his asking price all offseason. Clowney recorded 4 sacks, 11 quarterback hits, and 43 hurries in 13 games for the Seattle Seahawks last season, earning a grade of 87.3 from Pro Football Focus, tenth best at the edge position. He would be a welcome addition to a Brown's defense that finished last season ranked 29th overall by PFF and 30th against the run. New Browns' head coach Kevin Stefanski relied heavily on an impressive Viking's defense to keep his run-heavy offense on schedule last season and is likely keen on doing the same in Cleveland.
Clowney was PFF's 11th best-graded edge against the run last season, and 16th best in pass rush.
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly unlikely to land with Ravens June 25th, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly discussed by Seahawks, Ravens June 23rd, 2020
- Seahawks' rookie Colby Parkinson reportedly breaks foot June 22nd, 2020
- Carlos Hyde (shoulder) expects to be ready for Seahawks' opener June 9th, 2020
- Seahawks sign receiver Freddie Swain to rookie deal June 8th, 2020
- Chris Carson the clear starter in Seattle June 8th, 2020