Stephon Gilmore tweaked knee at Patriots practice
New England Patriots defensive back Stephon Gilmore "tweaked" his knee at Thursday's practice, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The injury is reportedly considered minor but Gilmore's status for Week 8 against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday is uncertain. Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs would benefit if Gilmore is unable to suit up.
Gilmore is the No. 60 cover corner on Pro Football Focus out of 126 corners with at least 100 defensive snaps this season. The Patriots have the No. 6 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021
- Nelson Agholor (ankle) doesn't practice for Patriots Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson dealing with dislocated thumb September 8th, 2021
- New England's Hunter Henry (shoulder) expected to play Week 1's matchup against Miami September 6th, 2021