Devonta Freeman aggravates ankle injury at Giants practice
New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman aggravated his ankle injury during Thursday's practice.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network says it's a minor setback and that Freeman is still hoping to play in Sunday's Week 10 game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Wayne Gallman has been filling in as the Giants' lead back and will likely continue to do so if Freeman is ruled out again.
Freeman averaged 18.3 opportunities and 10.2 FanDuel points per game as the Giants' lead back prior to injury. Gallman has averaged fewer opportunities (14.7) but more FanDuel points (13.6) as Freeman's replacement. Of the 50 backs with at least 50 carries this season, Freeman ranks ninth-worst in Rushing NEP per carry and fifth-worst in Rushing Success Rate.
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020