49ers say Richie James earned spot in rotation
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Richie James earned a spot in the team's wide receiver rotation with last week's performance, writes Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area.
James caught 9 passes on 13 targets for 184 yards and a touchdown in Week 9 against the Green Bay Packers while Deebo Samuel (hamstring) and George Kittle (foot) were unavailable and Brandon Aiyuk and Kendrick Bourne were out due to COVID-19 protocol. He gained more yards in the contest than in either of his first two seasons in the NFL. Maiocco believes James will join Aiyuk and Bourne in three-wide sets against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, though his target share will surely take a hit.
numberFire's models project James for 5.0 targets and 8.2 FanDuel points in Week 10. He has a salary of $5,400 on the main slate and is the WR47 in our weekly fantasy rankings. The Saints own the No. 10 pass defense in the league in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) questionable to return Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Trey Sermon officially active for 49ers in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021