Buccaneers' Ronald Jones undergoing finger surgery, timeline TBD
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Ronald Jones is having surgery Tuesday to insert a pin into his broken pinky finger.
It remains to be seen whether Jones will miss Sunday's Week 15 contest against the Atlanta Falcons. Chris Godwin missed a game earlier this year after undergoing the same procedure. Jones handled 19-of-25 backfield touches for the Buccaneers last week, finishing with 84 yards and a touchdown. Leonard Fournette and LeSean McCoy would likely split work versus Atlanta if Jones can't play. Ke'Shawn Vaughn could also take on more work.
Jones scored 14.9 FanDuel points in Week 14 and is averaging 15.9 FanDuel points over the last two contests. Fournette is 33rd out of 56 backs with at least 25 carries in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season. The Falcons, meanwhile, have a top-five rush defense in numberFire's schedule-adjusted team rankings.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021