Buccaneers' Ronald Jones undergoing finger surgery, timeline TBD
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Ronald Jones is having surgery Tuesday to insert a pin into his broken pinky finger.
It remains to be seen whether Jones will miss Sunday's Week 15 contest against the Atlanta Falcons. Chris Godwin missed a game earlier this year after undergoing the same procedure. Jones handled 19-of-25 backfield touches for the Buccaneers last week, finishing with 84 yards and a touchdown. Leonard Fournette and LeSean McCoy would likely split work versus Atlanta if Jones can't play. Ke'Shawn Vaughn could also take on more work.
Jones scored 14.9 FanDuel points in Week 14 and is averaging 15.9 FanDuel points over the last two contests. Fournette is 33rd out of 56 backs with at least 25 carries in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season. The Falcons, meanwhile, have a top-five rush defense in numberFire's schedule-adjusted team rankings.
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard (Achilles) not practicing to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Chris Godwin, Buccaneers unlikely to reach long-term deal July 15th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021