Devonta Freeman (ankle, hamstring, COVID-19) returns to Giants practice
The New York Giants designated running back Devonta Freeman (ankle, hamstring, COVID-19) to return from injured reserve.
Freeman is still on injured reserve due to ankle and hamstring issues, but he can practice for the next three weeks and be activated at any point. He also spent time on the reserve/COVID-19 list while on IR, but was activated Thursday. Wayne Gallman has taken over as the Giants' lead back since Freeman was sidelined.
Operating under the assumption that Freeman will not be activated for Sunday's Week 15 game against the Cleveland Browns, Gallman is currently the RB22 in numberFire's weekly fantasy rankings. The Browns rank 12th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position this season.
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Trenton Cannon released by Ravens Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Mark Andrews quiet for Ravens in Monday night loss September 14th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins leads Ravens with 8 targets, 96 yards September 14th, 2021