Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints
Carolina Panthers running back Mike Davis (ankle) is out for Week 17 against the New Orleans Saints.
Davis will join Christian McCaffery (thigh) on the sidelines as the Panthers punch the clock on their 2020 season. The backfield will consist of Rodney Smith, Trenton Cannon, fullback Alex Armah, and wide receiver Curtis Samuel on Sunday. Davis racked up 1,015 yards from scrimmage this year while filling in for McCaffery as the Panthers' lead back for most of the campaign.
Samuel leads the aforementioned available runners with 0.08 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season. That ranks 26th out of 93 running backs and wide receivers with at least 25 carries. The Saints rank in the top-10 against the run in numberFire's schedule-adjusted defensive metrics and are allowing the fewest amount of FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery January 4th, 2021
- Panthers' Teddy Bridgewater replaced by P.J. Walker in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Carolina's Mike Davis (ankle) will not play in Week 17's matchup against Saints January 1st, 2021
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) fully practices on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) DNP on Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints December 30th, 2020