Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints
Carolina Panthers running back Mike Davis (ankle) is out for Week 17 against the New Orleans Saints.
Davis will join Christian McCaffery (thigh) on the sidelines as the Panthers punch the clock on their 2020 season. The backfield will consist of Rodney Smith, Trenton Cannon, fullback Alex Armah, and wide receiver Curtis Samuel on Sunday. Davis racked up 1,015 yards from scrimmage this year while filling in for McCaffery as the Panthers' lead back for most of the campaign.
Samuel leads the aforementioned available runners with 0.08 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season. That ranks 26th out of 93 running backs and wide receivers with at least 25 carries. The Saints rank in the top-10 against the run in numberFire's schedule-adjusted defensive metrics and are allowing the fewest amount of FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts playing in slot, out wide for Falcons September 13th, 2021
- Cordarrelle Patterson listed as Falcons' No. 2 running back September 7th, 2021
- Falcons sign Wayne Gallman, release Qadree Ollison September 2nd, 2021
- Falcons utilizing Kyle Pitts to find exploitable matchups August 27th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts receiving praise at Falcons' joint practices August 19th, 2021
- Mike Davis expected to be Falcons' feature back August 13th, 2021