Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints
Carolina Panthers running back Mike Davis (ankle) is out for Week 17 against the New Orleans Saints.
Davis will join Christian McCaffery (thigh) on the sidelines as the Panthers punch the clock on their 2020 season. The backfield will consist of Rodney Smith, Trenton Cannon, fullback Alex Armah, and wide receiver Curtis Samuel on Sunday. Davis racked up 1,015 yards from scrimmage this year while filling in for McCaffery as the Panthers' lead back for most of the campaign.
Samuel leads the aforementioned available runners with 0.08 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season. That ranks 26th out of 93 running backs and wide receivers with at least 25 carries. The Saints rank in the top-10 against the run in numberFire's schedule-adjusted defensive metrics and are allowing the fewest amount of FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Falcons' Calvin Ridley expected to be ready for training camp following minor foot surgery June 13th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts could fill in as Falcons' No. 2 target June 7th, 2021
- Titans acquire Julio Jones from Falcons for multiple picks June 7th, 2021
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 17's game against Tampa Bay January 1st, 2021
- Atlanta's Hayden Hurst records 5 receptions for 47 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 16 December 28th, 2020
- Atlanta's Julio Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Week 16's game against Kansas City December 25th, 2020