Rams' Cam Akers (ankle) "likely to try to play" in Week 17
Los Angeles Rams running back Cam Akers (high ankle sprain) is reportedly "likely to try to play" in Week 17's game against the Arizona Cardinals, per Adam Schefter.
Akers picked up his high ankle sprain during the Rams' shocking loss to the New York Jets in Week 15, which means he has had just two weeks to recover from what is often a 6-8 week injury. He seems like more of a game-time decision, and would be in danger of being severely limited if he is able to take the field.
Our projections are not optimistic about Akers' health, putting him at just 6.1 fantasy points. FanDuel has set his salary $6,300 for Week 17. With injuries to both Akers and Darrell Henderson (ankle) this week, Malcom Brown could be in line for an increased workload and has been projected for 8.2 fantasy points.
- Drew Lock to take first reps for Broncos July 27th, 2021
- Odell Beckham (ACL) reportedly cleared for Browns camp July 27th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) has chance to be ready for Giants' opener July 27th, 2021
- Zach Wilson the only no-show for start of Jets camp July 27th, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers officially arrives at Packers camp July 27th, 2021
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Rams' Cam Akers out for season with torn Achilles July 20th, 2021
- Rams' Matthew Stafford "better than advertised" so far this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rodrigue: Rams 'unlikely to bring back' Malcolm Brown January 27th, 2021