Browns' starting LG Joel Bitonio reportedly positive for COVID-19
Cleveland Browns left guard Joel Bitonio tested positive for COVID-19.
Bitonio and wide receiver KhaDarel Hodge both tested positive and will be ineligible for Sunday's Wild Card matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bitonio is a premier pass-blocker and was on the field for all but one of the Browns' offensive snaps this season. His absence is a downgrade for Baker Mayfield and the entire offense against a Steelers defense that led the league in sack rate (9.6 percent) this year.
Bitonio earned the second-best pass-blocking grade (85.5) and sixth-best offensive grade (84.6) from Pro Football Focus among all guards during the regular season. As a team, the Browns gave up a sack on 4.9 percent of dropbacks, ranking 11th.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) to be Week 3 GTD for Browns September 23rd, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) practicing in full for Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR September 21st, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) will not return against Texans September 19th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) questionable to return against Houston in Week 2 September 19th, 2021