Irsay: Colts want to keep T.Y. Hilton going forward
Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay expressed his desire to bring back wide receiver T.Y. Hilton on Wednesday.
""When all is said and done, I’m really hoping that we can works something out," Irsay told reporters. "We’re a better football team with T.Y. and we love him as a legacy player — and as a present player." The Colts are in a crucial offseason spot currently, as general manager Chris Ballard will be tasked with finding the answer at quarterback - Philip Rivers is retiring and Jacoby Brissett is a free agent. Part of getting a new signal caller - perhaps Matthew Stafford - is surrounding him with weapons. Hilton still has something left in the tank at 31, and he could be a valuable weapon should the Colts bring him back. Michael Pittman Jr., Zach Pascal and Parris Campbell are the top returning receivers on the roster.
In 15 regular season games this season, Hilton posted 56 catches for 762 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021