Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) optimistic about playing in Super Bowl
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf) told reporters on Tuesday that he is optimistic about playing against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Super Bowl on Sunday.
Watkins told reporters during a zoom call on Tuesday that he's optimistic about his chances of playing. This news comes a day after Watkins returned to practice on Monday. He appears to be trending in the right direction heading into this weekend's showdown with Tampa Bay. If Watkins is active, our models expect him to see 4.7 targets against the Buccaneers.
Watkins' Super Bowl projection includes 2.9 receptions, 33.0 yards, 0.31 touchdowns, and 6.6 FanDuel points.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman impressing teammates in minicamp June 21st, 2021
- Sammy Watkins 'best receiver' at Ravens' camp June 21st, 2021
- Ravens focused on involving J.K. Dobbins in the passing game June 13th, 2021
- Ravens sign Gus Edwards to 2-year extension June 7th, 2021
- Baltimore's Mark Ingram not expected to play in Saturday's Divisional playoff contest against Bills January 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Willie Snead (ankle) questionable for Sunday's Wild Card contest against Titans January 8th, 2021