Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss
New England Patriots running back Damien Harris rushed 23 times for 100 yards and caught 2 passes (3 targets) for 17 yards in a Week 1 loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Harris also lost a fumble late that largely cost the Patriots the game, but the second-year back encouragingly handled 76.7% of the Patriots' carries. James White (4 carries, 7 targets) was the primary third-down back while Rhamondre Stevenson and Brandon Bolden only logged one carry each. As long as Harris can avoid Bill Belichick's doghouse for the costly fumble, he should see a similar workload in Week 2 versus the New York Jets.
Harris finished with 10.7 FanDuel points in Week 1, compared to numberFire's projected 11.4 FP. Among the 18 backs with at least 15 carries in Week 1, Harris added the fifth-fewest Rushing Net Expected Points per carry.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ribs/chest) will play in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ribs) questionable for Week 6 clash with Cowboys October 15th, 2021
- Damien Harris (ribs) logs limited session in Patriots' Thursday practice October 14th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ribs/chest) day-to-day October 11th, 2021
- Pats' Damien Harris (ribs) questionable to return in Week 5 October 10th, 2021