Chargers' Larry Rountree first in line behind Austin Ekeler
Los Angeles Chargers running back Larry Rountree III took a clear hold on the team's RB2 role in Week 1.
As The Athletic's Daniel Popper noted during yesterday's win over the Washington Football Team, Rountree's "physicality and play speed really pop" in live action. Rountree toted the rock 8 times for 27 yards behind Austin Ekeler in Week 1, clearly establishing himself as the team's RB2 over Justin Jackson or Joshua Kelley.
As we've seen in previous seasons, there's fantasy value in rostering the Chargers' RB2. This season, it looks like 2021 sixth-round pick Rountree will handle that role (at least to start the season). The Chargers' running backs were still able to grind out positive running plays despite facing a top-tier defensive front, which bodes well for their season.
- Seahawks' Alex Collins (groin) expected to play in Week 7 clash with Saints October 23rd, 2021
- 49ers activate JaMychal Hasty (ankle) from Injured Reserve on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- Darren Waller (ankle) listed as questionable on Raiders' Week 7 injury report October 23rd, 2021
- Damien Williams activated off Bears' Reserve/COVID-19 list October 23rd, 2021
- Garafolo: Seattle's Russell Wilson (finger) reportedly could return in Week 10 October 23rd, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (quad) ruled out for Colts' Week 7 matchup against 49ers October 23rd, 2021
- Mike Williams (knee) will play for Chargers in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Chargers' Mike Williams (knee) expected to play in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Chargers "hopeful" Mike Williams (knee) will be active for Week 6 October 16th, 2021
- Chargers list Mike Williams (knee) as questionable in Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Mike Williams (knee) DNP for Chargers on Thursday October 14th, 2021
- Mike Williams (knee) absent for Chargers' Wednesday practice October 13th, 2021