Rams' Cam Akers (Achilles) could play in Week 17
Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay said running back Cam Akers (Achilles) could see playing time as early as the team's Week 17 game against the Baltimore Ravens.
With teammate Darrell Henderson (knee) landing on the injured reserve, Akers could see playing time this upcoming week against the Ravens despite suffering a torn Achilles tendon this past July. The second-year back's quick return is certainly a shock, but he shouldn't be expected to handle a significant workload so soon after returning.
Akers finished his rookie season as the team's workhorse running back, averaging 21.5 carries for 85 yards and 2 receptions per game over his final four weeks. Despite expectations coming into the season, his injury should limit him to a mostly backup role in Week 17, if he does actually suit up.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Matthew Stafford signs four-year contract extension with Rams March 20th, 2022
- Rams send Robert Woods (ACL) to Titans for sixth-round pick March 20th, 2022
- Allen Robinson signs with Rams March 17th, 2022
- Rams' Robert Woods (ACL) expected to return for training camp March 7th, 2022
- Rams' Sean McVay would like to re-sign Odell Beckham March 6th, 2022
- Rapoport: Rams' Odell Beckham suffered apparent torn ACL in Super Bowl victory February 14th, 2022