Chiefs plan to sign Ronald Jones to one-year deal
The Kansas City Chiefs plan to sign running back Ronald Jones to a one-year contract.
A second round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Jones never truly lived up to his draft capital during his time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. While he did post back-to-back seasons with at least 1,000 yards from scrimmage in 2019 and 2020, he visibly fell out of favor with the team whenever Leonard Fournette was available over the past two seasons. He'll have to compete with Clyde Edwards-Helaire for opportunities in Kansas City, but that is a feat we've seen backs like Darrel Williams and Derrick Gore accomplish already.
Jones never developed as a pass-catcher, but did find success on the ground with the Bucs when given the opportunity. His Rushing Success Rate of 49.5% fell just slightly behind Fournette's excellent 51.11% mark, and boasts the long speed to rip off long runs, such as his 98-yard rush for a touchdown back in 2020. Now he has a chance to fill the early-down rusher role in a Patrick Mahomes-led offense.
- Schefter: Josh Jacobs (calf) available for Raiders in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Darrell Henderson inactive for Jaguars in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Giants' Kenny Golladay (illness) out for Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Pittsburgh's Jaylen Warren (hamstring) cleared to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Richie James (knee) will play in Week 13 for New York December 4th, 2022
- Steelers' Najee Harris (abdominal) active in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Chiefs' Jerick McKinnon (hamstring) available for Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Chiefs' Kadarius Toney (hamstring) out for Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Kadarius Toney (hamstring) kept out of Chiefs practice Thursday December 1st, 2022
- Jerick McKinnon (hamstring) sitting Thursday for Chiefs December 1st, 2022
- Jerick McKinnon (hamstring) DNP for Chiefs on Wednesday November 30th, 2022
- Kadarius Toney (hamstring) DNP for Chiefs on Wednesday November 30th, 2022