Chiefs plan to sign Ronald Jones to one-year deal
The Kansas City Chiefs plan to sign running back Ronald Jones to a one-year contract.
A second round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Jones never truly lived up to his draft capital during his time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. While he did post back-to-back seasons with at least 1,000 yards from scrimmage in 2019 and 2020, he visibly fell out of favor with the team whenever Leonard Fournette was available over the past two seasons. He'll have to compete with Clyde Edwards-Helaire for opportunities in Kansas City, but that is a feat we've seen backs like Darrel Williams and Derrick Gore accomplish already.
Jones never developed as a pass-catcher, but did find success on the ground with the Bucs when given the opportunity. His Rushing Success Rate of 49.5% fell just slightly behind Fournette's excellent 51.11% mark, and boasts the long speed to rip off long runs, such as his 98-yard rush for a touchdown back in 2020. Now he has a chance to fill the early-down rusher role in a Patrick Mahomes-led offense.
- Packers' Jayden Reed (chest) limited during Thursday practice session December 7th, 2023
- A.J. Dillon (groin) limited for Packers Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (oblique) limited on Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Seahawks' Zach Charbonnet (knee) limited on Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Rams' Puka Nacua (shoulder) logs full practice on Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Steelers' Najee Harris (knee) active for Week 14 December 7th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) available for Cowboys Thursday night November 29th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited Monday for Cowboys November 27th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) cleared to play for Cowboys in Week 12 November 23rd, 2023
- Cowboys' Rico Dowdle (ankle) expected to play in Week 12 November 23rd, 2023
- Cowboys list Rico Dowdle (ankle) as questionable for Week 12 November 22nd, 2023