Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate
The Athletic's Dan Duggan believes that second-year wide receiver Kadarius Toney (knee) could begin the 2022 season on the PUP list.
Toney underwent what was initially reported as a minor cleanup surgery for his knee this offseason, but Duggan believes that the second-year receiver could be a candidate for the PUP list based on his workload in practices this spring. Toney will have several weeks to rehab before training camp officially begins, though, so this could blow over by the next time we see Giants players report.
Toney flashed immense upside in his debut campaign and possesses truly unique physical abilities, but was severely limited by multiple, separate injuries throughout the season. He is a popular second-year breakout candidate in fantasy this season and for good reason, but is also among the riskier investments in fantasy drafts. Our models currently project him for a WR48 finish in 2022.
- Melvin Gordon on Javonte Williams: Broncos 'want Vonte to be the guy' August 17th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) 'undergoing a procedure' August 17th, 2022
- Drew Lock (COVID-19) ruled out for Seahawks' Thursday preseason matchup August 16th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker 'got a little hernia thing that he’s working on' August 16th, 2022
- Saints' Michael Thomas (ankle) will be "ready to go" for Week 1 August 16th, 2022
- New England's Rhamondre Stevenson reportedly practicing in 'James White role' August 16th, 2022
- Saquon Barkley expected to see 'huge workload' from Giants August 16th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Darin Ruf batting cleanup for Giants Monday June 20th, 2022
- Giants' Saquon Barkley "starting to get that swagger back" June 12th, 2022
- Giants' Daniel Jones (neck) cleared for football activities June 7th, 2022
- Joey Bart behind the plate for Giants on Saturday June 4th, 2022