Bears likely to start Deon Bush at strong safety
Chicago Bears fourth-round rookie safety Deon Bush is the early favorite to start at strong safety, according to ESPN reporter Jeff Dickerson.
After the Bears released veteran Antrel Rolle on Monday, Chicago has an opening next to second-year free safety Adrian Amos. Bush started 32 games in college at Miami but didn't display great athleticism in pre-draft workouts. He'll compete with Omar Bolden and fellow rookie DeAndre Houston-Carson.
Chicago's 0.12 Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play in 2015 ranked 30th in the league. They were particularly atrocious defending the pass, ranking 31st in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play.
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021