Sam Darnold (ankle) placed on Panthers' injured reserve
Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold was placed on the injured reserve list.
Injured reserve is a lot less restrictive than it used to be, as it simply means a player must miss at least the first four weeks of the regular season. Baker Mayfield was already named the starting quarterback before the injury, so it seems as though the former Jet will have little, if any, opportunity to start this season. PJ Walker will serve as the backup to Mayfield until Darnold can return.
In 12 games last season, Darnold completed 243-of-406 passes for 2,527 yards and 9 touchdowns with 13 interceptions. He also had 48 carries for 222 yards and 5 touchdowns on the ground.
- John Wolford (neck) officially starting for Rams in Week 14; Baker Mayfield expected to see time December 8th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) in line to start Thursday for Rams December 8th, 2022
- Tyreek Hill (illness) DNP for Dolphins on Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Dolphins' Jaylen Waddle (leg) upgraded to full practice on Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Kenneth Walker (foot) sits out Seahawks practice again December 8th, 2022
- Rams' Brandon Powell (illness) active Thursday for Week 14 December 8th, 2022
- D'Onta Foreman (foot) returns to Panthers practice Thursday December 8th, 2022
- D'Onta Foreman (foot) expects to play for Panthers Week 14 December 7th, 2022
- D'Onta Foreman (foot/ribs) DNP Wednesday for Panthers December 7th, 2022
- Panthers' D'Onta Foreman (foot, ribs) 'will play' in Week 14 December 5th, 2022
- Sam Darnold to start for Panthers in Week 14 December 5th, 2022
- Panthers release Baker Mayfield December 5th, 2022