Dak Prescott (thumb surgery) expected to miss 6-8 weeks for Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is expected to miss 6-8 weeks with a fractured right thumb.
Prescott is scheduled to undergo surgery Monday after he fractured his thumb in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's 19-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Based on the expected timeline, Prescott's earliest possible return will be Week 7 versus the Detroit Lions. Cooper Rush is expected to start for the Cowboys in Week 2 against the Cincinnati Bengals. Prescott's injury is a significant downgrade for CeeDee Lamb and every other pass-catcher on the team.
Dak finished with 5.46 FanDuel points in Week 1, on 14-of-29 completions for 134 scoreless yards with an interception, plus two carries for 11 yards.
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (ankle) out for NFC Championship on Sunday January 29th, 2023
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce (back) expected to play in AFC Championship game Sunday January 29th, 2023
- 49ers promote Tevin Coleman to active roster on Saturday January 28th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) will not play in Kansas City's AFC Championship contest January 28th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) listed as questionable on Kansas City's AFC Championship injury report January 27th, 2023
- Kansas City's Mecole Hardman (pelvis) questionable for Sunday's Conference Championship January 27th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (fibula/ankle) to recover 'well before' training camp January 24th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard suffered broken leg in Divisional Round loss January 23rd, 2023
- Tony Pollard (ankle) won't return for Cowboys in Divisional Round January 22nd, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (thigh) available for Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (thigh) logs full practice on Wednesday January 4th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (thigh) officially inactive for Week 17 December 29th, 2022