Colts to start Sam Ehlinger at quarterback in Week 8 and beyond
Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich announced Monday that the team plans on starting Sam Ehlinger as their quarterback for the rest of the season, starting in their Week 8 game against the Washington Commanders.
Reich announced Monday that the team's original starter, Matt Ryan, suffered a shoulder sprain in their Week 7 loss to the Tennessee Titans, but that the team was planning on making the change to Ehlinger regardless of the veteran's injury. Ryan has been a disappointment to this point of the season, and it's fair to wonder whether his days as a starter in the league are coming to a close.
Ehlinger will make the first start of his career against the Commanders in Week 8, who have given up the second-most passing touchdowns to opposing quarterbacks (14) so far this season. The second-year quarterback was solid in the 2022 preseason, completing 24 of his 29 attempts for 289 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Colts' Nick Foles (ribs) will not play in Week 18 January 2nd, 2023
- Colts' Sam Ehlinger will start at quarterback in Week 18 January 2nd, 2023
- Colts rule out Nick Foles (ribs) for remainder of Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Colts' Sam Ehlinger starting second half for injured Nick Foles (ribs) in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Matt Ryan benched by Colts, Nick Foles to start in Week 16 December 21st, 2022
- Nick Foles starting for Colts in Week 16 December 21st, 2022