Derrick Henry resting Thursday for Titans
Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry (rest) did not practice on Thursday.
Henry was listed as limited on Wednesday and the Titans decided to give him a breather a day later, but there isn't any concern about his status for Week 9 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Ryan Tannehill (ankle) also didn't practice on Thursday, so Henry might be in line for another larger-than-normal workload if Malik Willis makes his second career start. However, the Titans are 12.5-point underdogs and may not be able to pound the rock like they did last week versus the Houston Texans.
Henry is numberFire's top-rated running back in Week 9 and our models project him for 18.7 FanDuel points with 22.5 carries for 108.6 rush yards and 2.6 receptions for 23.8 yards. The Chiefs have the No. 21 run defense in our adjusted team metrics.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Tennessee's Treylon Burks (groin) active for Week 18's game versus Jaguars January 7th, 2023
- Derrick Henry (hip) cleared from Titans injury report January 5th, 2023
- Treylon Burks (groin) questionable Week 18 for Titans January 5th, 2023
- Titans' Derrick Henry (hip) logs full practice on Wednesday, expected to play in Week 18 January 4th, 2023
- Tennessee's Derrick Henry (hip) fully practices on Tuesday January 3rd, 2023
- Derrick Henry (hip) participating in Titans practice Tuesday January 3rd, 2023