Brandin Cooks returning to Texans facilities Friday
Houston Texans wide receiver Brandin Cooks will be back with the team on Friday, according to head coach Lovie Smith.
Smith held Cooks out of Thursday night's game against the Philadelphia Eagles after the receiver missed practice this week because he was frustrated about not being traded at Tuesday's deadline. If Cooks does return on Friday, then he will presumably play in Week 10 versus the New York Giants. Chris Moore and Phillip Dorsett were the Texans' starting receivers on Thursday in place of Cooks and Nico Collins (groin).
Dorsett played 46-of-60 offensive snaps (77%) and Moore logged 44 snaps (73%) on Thursday while Tyron Johnson (42%) and Jalen Camp (25%) were the other Texans receivers to run routes. Dorsett and Moore led the team with 5 targets each, but nobody else had more than 2 targets.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Texans' Chris Moore (foot) active Saturday December 24th, 2022
- Houston's Brandin Cooks (calf) available in Week 16 December 24th, 2022
- Texans place Nico Collins (foot) on injured reserve, out for remainder of 2022 season December 23rd, 2022
- Texans' Chris Moore (foot) questionable for Saturday December 22nd, 2022
- Nico Collins (foot) ruled out again for Texans December 22nd, 2022
- Brandin Cooks (calf) set to play for Texans Week 16 December 22nd, 2022