Brandin Cooks resumes practicing for Texans on Thursday
Houston Texans wide receiver Brandin Cooks resumed practicing on Thursday.
Cooks was held out last week after he was displeased about not being traded at the deadline, but he's expected to return to a starting job in Week 10 against the New York Giants on Sunday. Nico Collins is also on track to return after missing two games with a groin injury. Cooks is leading the Texans with a 22.7% target share this season (7.6 per game) and he's playing the most offensive snaps among the team's pass-catchers (85.3%).
numberFire's models project Cooks for 6.7 targets, 4.0 receptions, and 46.8 yards on Sunday and he's the WR33 in our Week 10 PPR rankings. The Giants are allowing the fourth-fewest FanDuel points per game to wide receivers this season, but their pass defense is only 21st in numberFire's adjusted team metrics.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Texans' Chris Moore (foot) active Saturday December 24th, 2022
- Houston's Brandin Cooks (calf) available in Week 16 December 24th, 2022
- Texans place Nico Collins (foot) on injured reserve, out for remainder of 2022 season December 23rd, 2022
- Texans' Chris Moore (foot) questionable for Saturday December 22nd, 2022
- Nico Collins (foot) ruled out again for Texans December 22nd, 2022
- Brandin Cooks (calf) set to play for Texans Week 16 December 22nd, 2022